Sweet pastry cross
1. Mix the sugar, flour, yeast, spices and salt in the large bowl using the dough blade.
2. Gently heat half of the milk and stir in the butter until melted. Add the water and remaining mik then add this to the food processor by pouring through the feed tube, mixing until combined.
3. Add the sultanas and apple and mix until the dough is smooth.
4. Leave to rest until doubled in size, then use Auto-pulse to knock back the dough.
5. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into 16 small balls, making sure the apple pieces are evenly distributed. Set aside until doubled in size again.
6. Mix the sweet pastry cross ingredients in the small bowl using the small blade.
7. Roll out the dough, cut into strips and place on the buns. Brush lightly with milk.
8. Cook in a preheated oven (220ºC/200ºC Fan/425F/Gas 6) for 15-20 minutes.
9. Dissolve the caster sugar in the water and boil for 1 minute. Brush over the buns to glaze.