Melted mozzarella, tomatoes and pesto sounds a comforting treat,
but you can up the nutrition content of this toastie by using
wholemeal bread. Did you know that one slice of wholemeal bread has
three and a half times more fibre than white bread? That's around
15% of an adult's recommended daily fibre intake.
- Olive oil
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1 tblsp pesto sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Basil leaves, optional
- Brush the outside of the bread with olive oil and placed oiled
side down on a sandwich
- Spread pesto inside both slices of bread
- Place thin slices of mozzarella cheese on one side on top of
- Add the slices of tomato and a few basil leaves, if using.
- Toast until brown and crispy.