This makes a wonderful sauce for salads, fish, pasta and even as
a filling for toasties! For something different, try stirring the
pesto into mashed potato. If you would like your sauce a brighter
green, add a small handful of parsley leaves. Pesto is made in
minutes with the Dualit Hand
- 50g basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120ml (9 fl oz) extra-virgin olive oil
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 50g pine nuts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put the basil leaves in the Hand Blender's chopping bowl with
the garlic, salt, pine nuts and just enough of the oil to make the
- Mix until the pine nuts and basil are well chopped and a chunky
paste has formed.
- Add the parmesan and while mixing, slowly pour the oil through
the feeding tube in a thin, steady stream.
- Mix until the pesto is fairly smooth and creamy. Add the black
pepper to taste.
TIP: Pesto can be frozen for up to three months or decant into a
sterilised jar, pour over olive oil to cover and store in the
fridge for up to one month.