Created by acclaimed chef Monica Galetti, these classic, Italian
flavours take the simple toastie to a whole new level. Make the
most of your toaster and use the sandwich cage to get
crunchiest, melt-in-the-middle finish.
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- 1 mozzarella ball
- 6 basil leaves
- 4 slices of sourdough
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Smoked paprika (optional)
- Drizzle the sourdough with oil and season with salt and
- Place one slice of sourdough, oiled side down, on the sandwich
cage. Thinly slice the chicken and place on top.
- Place 2-3 basil leaves and slices of mozzarella on top;
sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Cover with another slice of sourdough, oiled side up, close the
sandwich cage and place in the toaster.
- Toast for five minutes or until golden. Leave sandwich in the
toaster for a further minute after toasting to allow the mozzarella
to melt fully.