The houmous can be made in advance and stored in the fridge. We
used the Dualit Hand
Blender to make our smooth houmous dip.
- Brush the outside of two slices of bread with the oil and place
one oiled side down on the cage.
- Spread houmous onto one slice of bread, then top with the
sliced red pepper and spinach leaves.
- Place the other side of bread on top, oiled side facing
- Toast for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Leave sandwich in
the toaster for a further minute after toasting to allow cheese to
- Top with half a cherry tomato and enjoy your delicious
NOTE: Ensure the oiled side is on the outside against the
sandwich cage. This slows down the toasting, allowing all the
filling to heat and gives a delicious golden finish.
If you own a Classic
Toaster, click here to buy the Classic Sandwich Cage
If you own a Domus,
Architect or Lite Toaster, click here to buy a Sandwich