This recipe for classic hummus is so much more than a dip. Try
it in a sandwich instead of mayonnaise or salad cream and it works
just as well in a toastie. Hummus also adds flavour to a salad or
as a topping on a baked potato. Made in minutes in the Dualit Hand Blender.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- Pour the chickpeas into the chopper bowl with the garlic,
tahini, paprika, cumin and most of the lemon juice and blend at top
- While blending, pour in a little olive oil through the feed
tube and keep blending until the mixture is smooth. Add a
tablespoon or two of water if the hummus is a little too thick. Add
salt to taste and more lemon juice if required.
- Serve with toasted wholemeal bread, pitta bread, cos lettuce
spears, tomato wedges and cucumber sticks, in a sandwich or with a
salad. Garnish with coriander leaves, if desired.
The hummus will keep for around five days when stored in an
airtight container in the fridge.
TOP TIP: For extra flavour, roast the garlic cloves for
around ten minutes before adding to the chopping bowl.