You'll need a sandwich cage to make this delicious tortilla
toastie, which can fit with either the Dualit Classic, Domus, Architect or Lite Toasters.
- 2 large vegan wholegrain tortillas
- 1 small red onion
- 80g chestnut mushrooms
- 80g canned sweetcorn, drained
- 80g fresh spinach, pre-washed and drained
- 80g vegan cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the onion, mushrooms, spinach and vegan cheese (or
- Brush one side of each tortilla with olive oil, then cut in
half so you have 4 sections in total.
- Turn over the tortillas and spread the tomato purée over half
of each section.
- Add the chopped onion, mushrooms, sweetcorn and spinach onto
the sauce, then top with the cheese (tip: don't overfill it!)
- Season with salt and pepper and fold the other half over the
- Place each tortilla sandwich in a sandwich cage, with the fold
at the bottom of the cage.
- Toast for 2 minutes or until golden brown (caution: it will be
hot!) then unplug your toaster and leave the toastie inside for a
further minute to allow the cheese to melt.