Dualit Product Recipe:
Sumptuous Sage and Onion Stuffing
Prep 15-20 Min
Cooking time: 50 Min
- ½ a large loaf of stale, unsliced bread
- Olive oil
- 3 medium onions and a small handful of fresh sage leaves,
roughly chopped using the Large Bowl fitted with its Chopping
- 750g good-quality sausage meat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: a handful of roasted, peeled chestnuts, or a handful
of dried fruits such as sour cherries or apricots, roughly chopped
using the Small Bowl fitted with its Chopping Blade
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Cut the crusts off the
bread and cut into large pieces. Using the Large Bowl set with the
Chopping Blade, add the pieces of bread and mix until you get even
- Put a large pan on a medium heat with 2 generous helpings of
olive oil. Add your onion and sage mix to the pan and cook gently
until soft and golden.
- Add your breadcrumbs to the pan and stir through, adding enough
water to moisten the crumbs completely, but being careful not to
add too much liquid. At this point you can add any festive optional
extras, like chestnuts or dried fruit.
- Remove the pan from the heat and spoon the contents into a
large bowl to cool down completely. Once cooled, mix the sausage
meat into the onion mixture and season well with salt and
- Put the stuffing into an oil-rubbed dish and bake at the bottom
of the preheated oven for 50 minutes, until really golden and
crispy on top.
- Serve with your roast meat, veg and gravy and enjoy!