The classic roast lamb dinner is destined to impress.
- 6-8 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp fresh herb leaves, such as mint, chives, parsley,
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 40g (1½oz) chilled unsalted butter
- 4 tsp mustard
- 2 x 7 cutlet racks (best ends) of lamb, ready to eat, with as
much fat removed as possible.
- Preheat the oven to
- Place the crumbs, herbs, salt and pepper in the chopper and
whiz to combine.
- Add the butter and mustard and whiz again. Take out the paste
and press a thinnish layer over the rounded, meaty side of the
- Leave in a cool place for about 15 minutes.
- Place meat, crust side up, in a roasting pan and cook in the
oven for 25 minutes for slightly pink lamb.
- Cover with foil and rest in a warm place for 15 minutes before