- Place flour, salt, sugar and yeast into a large mixing
- Pour in the olive oil (this is optional, but gives a lovely
- Very slowly pour in the warm water and mix with a Hand Mixer,
or your hand, until the mixture forms a ball.
- Knead in the bowl for a few minutes with one hand, holding the
bowl with the other, or use the Hand Mixer with Dough Hooks.
- When a smooth texture is formed, leave the dough in the bowl
and cover with a damp tea towel or cling film and allow it to
double in size.
- Punch down the risen dough to release air bubbles and then roll
out (or press out with fingertips) on two pizza stones or a large
- Allow the dough to rise again for approximately 15-20 minutes
(use this time to prep your toppings)
- Thinly slice the red onion, jalepenos and grate the
- Lightly cover the base with a little of the cheese first, this
gives the crust a crispy texture.
- Spoon on the passata or our roasted pepper sauce and top with
the sliced onion rings and jalepenos.
- Cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 180-200C for 10-15 minutes.
- Makes 2 x 10' thin crust pizzas
Try adding mixed dried herbs or chopped sundried tomatoes to the
dough for a twist on the classic base.
Pizzas don't have to be round, so why not try making a large
square base and allocate each quarter for different toppings.
Coate the base with a thin layer of cheese before the sauce,
this makes the base crispy.
Try using a cheese sauce as a base instead of tomato for an
No yeast pizza, use plain flour, baking powder and griddle as
the flatbread recipe.
Baking times. 220/200fan for 10-15 minutes. Always a fast high
bake for pizzas.
Tips for a crispy bottom.....Brush pizza stone with a little
olive oil before placing on dough.
For a Non soggy crispy pizza....Sprinkle a little grated cheddar
cheese on top of the base before sauce and toppings. Stops the base
from becoming soggy.
Pepperoni. Chorizo, Red onion, Passata, Red onion and Jalepeno
topped with grated mozarella.
Mediterranean Vegetable....Mixed Capsicum peppers, Onions,
Sundried tomatoes, Sweetcorn, Cheese, Pine nuts.
Chicken, bacon, tomatoes, mixed peppers, red onions,
Duck with hoisin sauce, barbeque sauce.
Pesto pizza.... Basil pesto on the base topped with just Olives,
or chicken, vegetables, pine nuts.