- Place flour, salt, sugar and yeast into a large mixing
- Pour in the olive oil (this is optional, but gives a lovely
- Very slowly pour in the warm water and mix with a Hand Mixer, or
your hand, until the mixture forms a ball.
- Knead in the bowl for a few minutes with one hand, holding the
bowl with the other, or use the Hand Mixer with Dough
- When a smooth texture is formed, leave the dough in the bowl
and cover with a damp tea towel or cling film and allow it to
double in size.
- Punch down the risen dough to release air bubbles and then roll
out (or press out with fingertips) on two pizza stones or a large
- Allow the dough to rise again for approximately 15-20 minutes
(use this time to prep your toppings)
- Thinly slice the red onion, jalapenos and grate the
- Lightly cover the base with a little of the cheese first, this
gives the crust a crispy texture.
- Spoon on the passata or our roasted
pepper sauce and top with the sliced onion rings and
- Cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 180°-200ºC for 10-15 minutes or until cooked
- Pepperoni, chorizo, red onion, passata, red onion and grated
- Mixed capsicum peppers, onions, sundried tomatoes, sweetcorn,
cheese and pine nuts.
- Chicken, bacon, tomatoes, mixed peppers, red onions, chillies
and a barbecue sauce base.
- Hoisin sauce base with duck and a little cheddar cheese.
- Basil pesto base topped with olives, mushroom, sweetcorn and
- Makes 2 x 10 inch thin crust pizzas.
- Try adding mixed dried herbs or chopped sundried tomatoes to
the dough for a twist on the classic base.
- Pizzas don't have to be round, so why not try making a large
square base and allocate each quarter to different toppings.
- Coat the base with a thin layer of cheese before the sauce -
this makes the base extra crispy.
- Try using a cheese sauce as a base instead of tomato for an
- To make a pizza without yeast, try our Flatbread recipe
and simply add toppings.
Pepperoni, chorizo, red onion, passata and jalepeno topped with
Mediterranean Vegetable; mixed capsicum peppers, onions,
sundried tomatoes, sweetcorn, cheese, pine nuts.
Chicken, bacon, tomatoes, mixed peppers, red onions,
Duck with hoisin sauce or barbeque sauce.
Pesto pizza; basil pesto on the base topped with olives, or
chicken, vegetables, pine nuts.