1. Butter the outer side of two slices of medium thickness bread
and place them buttered sides down in the sandwich cage.
2. On one slice of bread crumble some leftover Sage and
3. Take 1-2 slices of leftover turkey and place this on top of
the stuffing mix.
4. Finely chop leftover pigs in blankets and Brussel sprouts
into small pieces and scatter over the top of the turkey
5. Crumble or grate 30g of your favourite cheese over the pigs
in blankets and Brussel sprouts. Spread evenly and ensure that it
covers the mix well - this will hold your toastie together once
6. Spead the Cranberry
Relish onto the other slice of bread.
7. Place the sandwich between two sheets of kitchen roll and
gently press down to flatten. This will help ensure that your
toastie fits in the sandwich cage/toaster slot.
8. Using the Dualit
Sandwich Cage, place your toastie into the toaster and toast
for approximately 2 minutes until the cheese has melted, the bread
is golden brown and the filling is warmed through.
9. Leave in the toaster for a further minute - this allows the
cheese to fully melt.
9. Slice in half and enjoy!
- For a veggie or vegan alternative, use a chickpea or nut roast
filling in place of the turkey and pigs in blankets, and use vegan
cheese to top.
- This toastie is great for using leftover cheese if you made a
charcuterie board for Christmas - any cheese will work, but we love
Wensleydale for a festive twist!