- Turn on the oven to Warming option 100/90fan.
- Mix all the spices together in a small dish.
- Cover a chopping board with a layer of cling film and spread on
half the spice mix.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and place on top of the spice
mix, cover the top of the chicken with the remaining spice mix and
add a layer of cling film on top.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten and tenderise the chicken making
sure to do both evenly, adding the spices this way ensures the
chicken absorbs the spices.
- When flattened place on a dish with any excess spices and set
- Make up a foil parcel for the flatbreads ready to place in the
oven to warm up for a few minutes before assembling the
- Thinly slice the jalepeno and red onion into rings and set
- Heat up a frying pan and add the olive oil, the pan must be
smoking hot, add both the chicken breasts and any excess spices,
fry for a few minutes on each side, ( the chicken will turn white)
until throughly cooked ( the chicken will take on a "blackened"
appearance due to the spices.
- Take the pan off the heat and cut the chicken breast in half,
place a slice of the cheese on top of one half and sandwich it with
the other half of the chicken breast and place another slice one
the top, repeat with the second chicken breast then place the pan
uncovered into the warm oven to gently start to melt the
- In the large beaker add the sunflower oil, egg, chopped garlic
and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the blender shaft down the the bottom of the beaker,
switch on and with the blender touching the floor of the beaker
until the liquids begin to emulsify 10-2 seconds, ( thicken and
turn white ). once this has happened start to raise the blender
shaft up towards the top of the beaker until all the liquid is
- Add the all the juice of the lime and continue to blend for
another minute. The mayo is now done.
- To assemble the burgers.
Remove the flatbreads or naan from the oven and place on a
server board or large plate.
Spoon on a generous amount of the Lime mayo and spread over the
Add the onion rings and jalepeno peppers on top of the mayo.
Take out the chicken burgers and place on top of on one half of
Drizzle a little more lime mayo on the top with extra onions if
preferred, and then fold the other half of the flatbread over to
create a "sandwich".
Place a few small servings of the jalepeno, onions and lime mayo
on the side for dipping.
Squeeze a little extra lime juice over the burger just before
Spread a avocado mash on one side of the burger, or have as an
extra side and maybe a few salad leaves.
2 large Chicken breasts will make two double burgers, for a
single burger cut in half for 4 servings.
Its important that when making the mayo with the blender shaft
to NOT lift up the blender until the emulsifying process has begun.
Alternatively the mayo can be made in the chopping beaker and blade
by slowly dripping in the oil through the feeder tube.
Keep the sunflower oil at room temperature, too warm and it will
affect the mayo consistency.
Make up a breadcrumb spice mix to coate the chicken before
frying, dip in a little egg to ensure the mix sticks to the