- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients to make up the taco
- Cut the fish into goujon size pieces and place into the taco
mix ensuring all the fish is coated.
- Chop the Onion, pepper and chilli into small pieces, crush the
garlic and fry in the pan with the Olive oil until soft, add the
tomato puree push to one side when soft and cooked.
- Add the fish goujons and fry both sides for a few minutes until
cooked and golden, be sure to add any remaining taco mix and fry in
with the fish, combine all together.
- Squeeze in the juice from half of the lemon, remove from the
heat and set aside
- In a hot frying pan place a little olive oil and place a mini
tortilla wrap fry both sides.
- Take the taco out and fold in half, then immediately sit in a
toaster rack, or between two sturdy upright jars, this sets the
taco shell for holding the ingredients.
- Alternatively, buy pre made corn taco shells from the
- Cover the base of the taco with a large spoon of guacamole,
load 2-3 fish goujons on top with spicy salsa and a dollop of greek
yoghurt or Tartare sauce. see recipe links for Guacamole and
- Squeeze a littel more lemon on and Top with freshly chopped
parsley or( Corriander to keep the cajun taste).
A quick and easy dish to prepare, make up a small jar of dry
taco mix and store for convenience, or ready made cajun spice
Buy premade taco shells as they usually have a long sell by
I have used extra fresh chilli and garlic, but not necessary if
using the dry which is always handy to have in the cupboard.
Make up some flat breads to use as the taco shells. see recipe