Guacamole is best prepared just before serving so it retains its
vivd green colour.
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 2 fat garlic cloves, peeled and roughly
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the avocado into two, discard the stone and scoop out the
flesh with a spoon into the chopping bowl.
- Add the garlic and onion and pulse a little with the hand
blender to mix.
- Add the tomato, cumin and some salt and pepper and continue
pulsing until the tomato is roughly crushed. Add the lime juice and
pulse for a few more seconds.
- The texture should be crushed and creamy but not completely
- Spoon into a bowl and serve with tortilla chips, bread sticks,
crisp breads or toast fingers.