A classic mouth watering combination of ingredients.
Medium sliced bread
Brie (Thinly sliced)
- To make the caramelised onions, roughly chop the onion in the
Hand Blender chopping bowl. Fry in oil until soft. Drizzle honey
over the onions and cook for a further five minutes until
- To make the ketchup, roughly chop the tomatoes, onion, celery
and garlic in the Hand Blender chopping bowl. Place in a saucepan
with the remaining ingredients and simmer gently until cooked.
Leave to cool, then blend with the Hand Blender until smooth. If
you like a spicy taste, add one dessert spoon of tabasco sauce or
add one dessert spoon of soy sauce for a richer colour.
- Lightly butter the outside of the bread and place one slice
buttered side down on the cage.
- Slice the cooked sausages and place on the unbuttered side of
the bread. Cover with a layer of caramelised onions and a layer of
- Place the other slice of bread on top, buttered side facing
out. Carefully close the sandwich cage.
- Toast for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to rest in the
toaster for a further minute after toasting for the best