A coleslaw salad consists of finely chopped vegetables - a real
deterrent when it's so easily bought ready-made. However, your
Processor will make light work of any chopping. The combination
of fresh ingredients and a light, vinegar-free dressing will ensure
you never buy ready-made again.
For the salad
- 300g white or red cabbage, stem removed
- 1 red or green apple, cored
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 small red onion, peeled
For the dressing
- 2 large dollops homemade mayonnaise (see Mayonaise
- 2 large dollops Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- Using the large bowl fitted with the shredding disc (large
holes), slice the cabbage, apple and carrot.
- Fit the adjustable slicing disc, set to thin, and slice the
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the mayonnaise and yogurt,
and add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Tip in the vegetables and gently mix all together.
- Arrange in a shallow salad bowl and serve.
- Keeps for up to two days in the fridge.