We used Sumatra Mandheling
Compostable Coffee Capsules to make our buttercream icing but
you can choose your favourite Dualit coffee blend.
- 170g self-raising flour
- 170g margarine
- 85g soft brown sugar
- 85g golden syrup
- 3 eggs
- 110g chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 600g icing sugar
- 300g butter, softened
- 2 Dualit Sumatra Mandheling Compostable Coffee Capsules
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Cream the margarine, sugar and syrup until soft and light with
your Dualit Hand Mixer.
- Add the eggs one by one, putting in a spoonful of sifted flour
- Fold in remaining flour with the chopped walnuts and stir in
the vanilla essence.
- Pour the mixture into two lined sandwich tins and bake for
25-30 minutes or until a skewer poked into the middle comes out
- Use your Dualit
Coffee Machine to make two espressos.
- Beat sifted icing sugar and butter together until smooth.
- Once coffee is cool, add to butter icing bit by bit until you
reach the desired strength.
- When cake is cold, sandwich together with butter icing and add
another layer of butter icing on top.
Tip: Garnish your layer cake with whole walnuts
and coffee beans to serve