This toastie recipe has been created by Elizabeth, one of our
expert in-store demonstrators and is made with sandwich thins, for
a lighter alternative to normal bread.
- Sliced chicken or turkey breast, or chicken style meat free
slices for a vegetarian alternative
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers in olive oil
- 1 small handful of rocket
- Black pepper
- 1 pack of sandwich thins
- Brush one side of the sandwich thins with olive oil and place
oiled side down in a sandwich cage.
- Add a layer of turkey or chicken, then add two red pepper
pieces from the jar.
- Top with a small handful of rocket and freshly milled black
- Close the cage and toast until crispy.
TIP: Make sure the peppers are preserved in oil, rather than
brine, as oil adds flavour and keeps the filling moist.