2015 Great British Bake Off contestant, Mat Riley brings us this
delicious but light bundt cake recipe, made using the Dualit Hand Mixer. Bundt tins can be
bought from most cook shops, but any tin can be used if you don't
have one to hand.
- 240g Unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 300g Golden caster sugar.
- 3 Medium eggs
- 300g Plain flour, plus extra for tin
- 2.5 tsp Baking powder
- 240g Milk
- 80g White chocolate chips.
- 85g of finely ground pistachios, plus 20g extra for
- 20g of melted white chocolate.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170c fan.
- Thoroughly grease the Bundt tin with soft butter, then sieve in
the flour ensuring the butter is fully covered. Shake out any
- Cream the butter and golden caster sugar together using a
hand mixer for a couple of
minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing fully after each egg.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Sieve this into the mix in three stages, adding milk between
each addition, again mixing thoroughly.
- Gently fold in the 85g of finely ground pistachios and the
white chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the tin, gently level the top and place in
the oven for 55-60 mins, or until skewer comes out clean.
- Melt 20g of white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering
- Put white chocolate into a disposable piping bag.
- Decorate cake with white chocolate and the remaining ground
If you would like to try more of Mat's fantastic recipes, visit
and subscribe to the YouTube channel MatRileyBakes