- 175g soft butter or margarine (butter will produce a richer
- 175g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Whipped cream
- 4 tbsp raspberry jam
- Icing sugar to dust
- Place the butter or margarine, sugar, baking powder and flour
in a large mixing bowl.
- Using the Hand Mixer with
flat beaters mix until everything is creamed together.
- Break in the eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into two 18cm cake tins. The tins should be
well buttered and bases lined with a silicone mat or baking
- Spread evenly and bake in a preheated oven 180ºC/Gas Mark 5 for
15-20 minutes, or until risen, golden brown and firm to the
- Once cooled, apply the jam to the top of one cake and the
whipped cream on the bottom of the other and then sandwich
together. Dust with icing sugar and slice into generous
Tip: Garnish your Victoria Sandwich with whole raspberries to