A quickly prepared - and healthy - dip to serve with drinks or
as a summer starter.
- 250g (9oz) plain, softish tofu
- 1 tsp Dijon style mustard
- Small handful parsley
- 1- 2 tbsp chopped chives or other soft fresh herbs of your
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- A few drops olive oil
- Drain the tofu and cut into large cubes. Place in the chopper
with the mustard, parsley and any soft herbs (except chives).
- Whiz at top speed to blend to a chunky cream, scrape down sides
of the bowl from time to time.
- snip them with scissors and stir in. Add salt and pepper to
- Pile into a little bowl and trickle some olive oil over the
- Serve with celery sticks or rice crackers.
Top Tip: Unless you have bought 'firm' tofu,
remember to press before use to drain any excess water. The best
way to do this is by removing the tofu from the pack and placing
inbetween several sheets of kitchen roll. Place a chopping board or
tray on top and weigh down with a couple of cans of food until all
liquid has drained.