With its vivid cheerful colour, fluffy texture, and beguiling
sweetness, you will be hard-pressed to give all of this to the
children. To make it smooth and creamy, we used the Dualit Food Processor. For an adult version,
add a couple of pinches of ground cumin and ground coriander before
the final whiz. Use as an accompaniment for white meats such as
chicken and turkey.
- 1kg sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into equal-sized
- Knob of butter
- salt and pepper
- Place the sweet potato in a saucepan and cover with cold
- Bring to the boil, then simmer briskly for about 15 minutes, or
until soft enough to mash against the sides of the pan.
- Drain thoroughly, return to the heat for about a minute without
the lid to steam out excess water. Leave to cool off for a minute
- Using the large bowl with its chopping blade, process until
smooth, adding butter, seasoning and spices down the feeder tube,