Dualit Product Recipe:
Strawberry Yogurt Ice-Cream
Prep Time 30 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
- 300g (10 1/2 oz) ripe, red strawberries, hulled
- 330g (11 oz) Greek set yogurt
- 30g (1 oz) icing sugar
- two egg yolks, whisked until pale and creamy
- 60g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 5 tbsp water
- Extra strawberries and mint to garnish
- Halve the strawberries if they are large. Place in the blender
with the yoghurt and icing sugar and pulse until smooth.
- Push through a wide-meshed sieve to remove the strawberry
- Rinse out the blender, add the yolks and whizz.
- In a small pan, dissolve the caster sugar in the water over a
low heat and bring to the boil.
- After about seven minutes, when reduced by two-thirds, the
bubbles in the syrup will shine and flatten. This is called boiling
to the thread stage.
- Turn the blender immediately on to Speed 1 and add the hot
syrup gradually to the yolks.
- Tip in the yogurt and the strawberries, and blend until smooth
and dusky pink. Scrape into a metal bowl, and leave to cool in the
- When the mixture is cold, churn in an ice cream maker until
frozen (it may seem slushy when done). Transfer to an air-tight tub
and store in the freezer until completely firm.
- Allow to soften in the fridge for about 20 minutes or so before
serving, or give one or two rotations in the microwave.