This is a bake teenagers will love, especially after an
afternoon on the sports field. Use a shallow baking tin for best
results. To make it prettier, lay a sprig of flat leaf parsley over
each egg before serving. Ideal to make using the Dualit Mini Oven.
- 3 good quality herby sausages
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 packet shortcrust pastry, about 325g (11½ oz)
- 6 eggs
- flour for dusting the worktop
- salt and pepper
- flat leaf parsley for garnish
- 23cm (9 inch) circular shallow tart tin with a removable base,
lined with a silicone mat or baking parchment
- A saucepan lid large enough to cover the tin.
- First cook the sausages.
- Reset the oven temperature to 200°C, set to Convection, rack
- Put the baking sheet in the oven to heat. Roll out the pastry
and line the tart tin with it. Prick the base, place on the heated
baking sheet and bake until cooked all the way through and golden
brown - about 25 minutes or so - to make a shell for the tart.
Remove from oven.
- Cut the sausages in half lengthways and arrange in thetart
shell, with the tips touching in the middle like the spokes of a
- Break the eggs, one at a time, drop between each sausage, and
season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on top, put on the baking sheet and bake for 10
minutes or so, until the eggs are just set.