1. To make the Pumpkin Spice Mix, add the cinnamon, nutmeg,
cloves, ginger and sugar (if required) into a pestle and mortar and
grind until smooth and infused.
2. Pour 250ml of cold milk into your Milk Frother and press twice for
the latte cycle (this is a 2 minute cycle).
3. Halfway through the frothing cycle, add 1/4 tsp, or a pinch
of the spice mix into the milk whilst frothing.
4. Make your espresso shot.
5. Pour the milk into a tall latte glass, allow to settle for
one minute, before topping with your espresso shot.
6. Sprinkle another pinch of the Pumpkin Spice Mix on the frothy
- Adjust the amount of each spice to your individual tastes - for
example, you may wish to use fewer cloves if you find the taste too
- As an alternative to purchasing each spice individually, you
can simply opt for one jar of Allspice (nutmeg, cinnamon and ground
cloves) and one jar of ground ginger to make up your Pumpkin Spice
- It is very important to immediately rinse your milk frother
after use to avoid any build up of residue.
- An alternative method to make this latte is to gently infuse
the spices in milk in a microwave or in a pan. Then simply follow
steps 4 and 5, before frothing 100ml of milk using the cappucino
cycle (press once). Spoon the froth on top of your latte and
sprinkle with a pinch of Pumpkin Spice Mix.