Tapenade is a tasty pre-dinner snack and when homemade and
stored in a decorative jar, makes a good gift. It keeps almost
indefinitely in the fridge, topped with a little olive oil and left
out to de-solidify before serving. Try it with some Mediterranean
nibbles before a meal. Tapenade can be made quickly in the Dualit Food Processor. Although made
traditionally with black olives, green olives could also be
- 400g black olives, pitted eg. Spanish Conchillo or
- 10 anchovy fillets in oil
- 2 fat cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp capers
- 100ml good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- You will need to warm the olives and the olive oil on a cold
day, by standing their containers in hot water.
- Place the olives, anchovies, garlic and capers in the large
bowl fitted with its chopping blade.
- Blend to a paste, scrape sides down with the rubber
- With the motor running, add the oil in a dribble down the
feeder tube, until you have a thick paste.
- The Tapenade should hold its shape on a spoon.
- Store in glass screw top jars.
Top Tip: Buy olives that are not already pitted and remove the
stones just before use. Although a little more time consuming, the
flavour in the olives will be much better.