This recipe from Maille® takes salad to a whole other level. The
sweetness of the fresh figs is perfectly balanced with the
saltiness of crispy parma ham and crushed pistachio nuts.
- 200g mixed leaves (spinach, rocket, beetroot etc.)
- 12 fresh figs
For the ham
- 2 slices of Parma ham
- 50g blanched pistachio nuts
For the dressing
For the mozzarella fritters
- 12 mozzarella balls
- 2 eggs
- 40g flour
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 1 litre of cooking oil
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C (Gas mark 5).
- Arrange the slices of Parma ham on an ovenproof plate and bake
for about 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool and then crush them with the pistachios.
- Using the Dualit Hand
Blender, make the dressing by first adding the honey and
Maille Sauternes white wine vinegar to the chopping bowl and
then pouring the oils through the feed tube gradually.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, beat them and season with salt and
- Coat the mozzarella balls in flour, then in the beaten egg and
finally in the breadcrumbs. For a crisper result and for added
strength, repeat the coating process with the beaten eggs and
- Fry the mozzarella balls for about 1 minute in the oil at 160°C
(they should be golden), then immediately drain them on some
- Cut the figs into quarters. In a bowl, mix the leaves together
with the dressing.
- In a deep dish, arrange the leaves and figs. Arrange the
mozzarella balls and sprinkle all of them with the parma
La Maison Maille
With over 267 years of French culinary expertise, La
Maison Maille inspires every discerning food lover with
daring and delicious flavours, unique gifts and gourmet recipes.
For more recipes from Maille, please visit the online boutique