Homemade mayonnaise is easy to make with the Dualit Food Processor and tastes so much better
than shop bought. Ideally, the ingredients need to be at room
temperature so they emulsify better.
- 1 egg - the freshest and best quality you can find
- 1 tbsp Dijon or grain mustard (or to taste)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 300ml ground nut and extra virgin olive oil, mixed in a jug
- Salt and white pepper
- Warm the egg a little by placing it (still in its shell) in a
jug of warm water.
- Stand the oils in a warm place to remove any chill. Use about
250ml ground nut and the remainder olive oil, or more - if you
prefer a stronger flavour.
- Break the egg into the Dualit Food Processor's large bowl
fitted with the E-disc and add the mustard and lemon juice.
- Blend until combined.
- With your hand cupped over the feeder tube and the motor
running, slowly and steadily pour in the oils until the mixture
becomes thick and shiny.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add more lemon juice if you
- Pulse briefly until combined.
When stored in an airtight container, the mayonnaise will last
for up to four days in the fridge.