- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 90g self-raising flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 2 tbsp butter
- Pinch of salt
- Bag of frozen blueberries (or any frozen berries)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 cardamon pods, cracked
- ½ star anise (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries
- Double cream
- To make the compote, put all the ingredients into a pan, bring
to the boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- Leave to cool then remove the cardamon pods and star anise.
Blend to a smooth compote with the Dualit Hand Blender and set aside.
- To make the pancakes, mix the mascarpone, flour, sugar, egg
yolks, lemon zest and salt with the Dualit Hand Mixer with flat beaters on a low
setting until a smooth batter is formed.
- Whisk the egg whites with the hand mixer whisk until you can
form soft peaks. Fold into the batter.
- Heat some butter in a large frying pan on a low to medium heat.
Use 2 tbsps of batter to make each pancake, frying two at a time
for around 3 to 4 mins each side until golden and cooked through.
Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Whisk the cream and serve with the pancakes, together with the
compote and blueberries.
Any remaining pancakes can be kept in the fridge for up to 48
hours. Try toasting leftover pancakes with a sandwich cage in the