This simple recipe can be made in the Dualit Food Processor. Full of goodness, yet
rich and creamy, it is the perfect ice cream for children. It is
difficult to be exact on how many it will feed - a lot depends on
the size of the bananas and the children!
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled
- 3-4tbsp soft brown sugar
- 150ml buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cut the bananas into chunks. Freeze on a tray, making sure the
chunks remain separate and do not stick together.
- In a jug, stir the sugar and vanilla extract into the
- When you are ready to serve the ice cream, put the frozen
banana pieces and half the liquid into the large bowl fitted with
its chopping blade.
- Process for a minute or so, and then add the rest of the liquid
in a steady trickle - not too slowly or too fast.
- Continue to process until the ice cream is thick and creamy.
Serve straight away.