Turn shop bought ice cream into a luxurious dessert with this
- 150g (5oz) blueberries or blackberries
- 150g (5oz) fresh raspberries
- 4-6 large ripe strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp flower honey
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp whisky or crème de cassis (optional)
- Ice cream and ratafia biscuits, to serve
- Put all the fruits into a saucepan with 2-3 tablespoons water
and heat until the juice starts to run.
- Stir in the honey and simmer 2-3 minutes until just softened
and the berries break down.
- Remove from the heat and whiz with the Dualit hand blender
- Rub the pulp through a sieve into a jug.
- Mix in the lemon juice and whisky or Cassis, if liked.
- Cool and chill until required.
- To serve: put scoops of luxury ice cream into 4 sundae dishes.
Good flavours to choose from are vanilla, mango, coconut,
caramel,strawberry or raspberry.
- Drizzle with the sauce then crush over some ratafia biscuits.
Variations in fruits and alcohol can completely transform the
recipe, experiment with the contents of your fruit basket..