Higgidy make a delicious range of handmade pies, quiches, tarts
and slices. This is a great recipe to make through Autumn and
Winter, when parsnips are in season and at their best
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Large knob of butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 small piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 6 medium parsnips, peeled & roughly chopped
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 350ml single cream
- 2 generous handfuls of stale breadcrumbs
- Pinch of red chilli flakes
- 60g cooked chestnuts, roughly chopped
- Handful of finely chopped parsley
- Heat half the oil and half the butter in a large saucepan. Add
the onion, garlic, ginger and garam masala. Cover and gently fry
for 8 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the parsnips and stock, stir well and cover. Simmer for 25
mins or until the parsnips are tender. Cool, add the cream, whizz
with a Dualit 700W Hand
Blender, and season.
- Melt the remaining oil and butter in a large pan, add the
breadcrumbs, chilli flakes and chestnuts and fry until golden
brown. Stir in the parsley.
- When you're ready to serve, warm the soup, ladle into mugs and
top with the crumb.
Whether you are looking for a winter warmer, light summer bite
or something different for your lunchtime snack, Higgidy will have
something to tempt your tastebuds. To find out more about Higgidy
please visit www.higgidy.co.uk