700W Hand Blender
Subscribe & Save
Save 10% when you subscribe to coffee!
Find out more
Explore our offers
Checkout the latest Dualit offers
View all offers
Discover our range of baby products! Single & Double Bottle Warmers, Steam and UV Sterilisers that kill 99.9% of bacteria and a Baby Food Maker
View our Baby range
Providing professional chefs with reliable, heavy-duty products that are built to last.
View our Catering range
The Dualit Guarantee
Want to know more about product troubleshooting or guarantees? Read our handy guide that covers everything you’ll need to know.
We've harnessed the power of vegetables to create this hearty, wholesome and flavourful gravy base, perfect for those comfort meals this autumn-winter. We've made this with our 700W Hand Blender.
NOTE: You will require a large 5 litre saucepan with lid for this recipe as it will make up to 5 pints of fresh stock.
1. Place the olive oil into your saucepan and heat over a low flame.
2. Halve the shallots and chop the garlic cloves, celery and leek. Add these to your pan and fry until soft.
3. Roughly cut all the rest of the vegetables into approximately 1 inch pieces and add to the pan.
4. Add the thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste and 3 litres of water to the pan. Turn up the heat and allow the mix to come to the boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and continue to simmer for another 30 minutes, allowing the stock to reduce a little and thicken. Once complete, remove your stock from the heat and allow to cool.
7. Using a seive, draw the stock you have made into a jug. Use a wooden spoon or a spatula to push the mixture through the sieve, taking care to scrape the bottom of the sieve and add this to the stock.
8. Discard the bayleaves, thyme and excess vegetables in your compost.
9. Pour most of the stock back into the pan, leaving approximately 50ml in the jug.
10. Add the tsp of cornflour to the 50ml of stock left in the jug and mix until smooth and lump free.
11. Using the Dualit 700W Hand Blender with whisk attachment, add the stock and cornflour mixture to the pan and stir.
12. Allow the stock to simmer on a low heat for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The stock should now have a much thicker consistency and is ready to use.
13. Allow to cool completely before storing. The gravy can either be kept in an airtight container in the fridge, or frozen to keep for longer.
We've used the Dualit 700W Hand Blender to mix our stock, ensuring that the gravy is thick, smooth and utterly delicious.