Try this recipe for gluten free biscuits by Biscuiteers, who are
known for their collections of beautifully hand-iced biscuits. They
make all kinds of biscuits for all kinds of occasions, and these
gluten free ones can be cut into any shape you'd like. We've chosen
Easter eggs, inspired by Biscuiteers' Easter egg biscuit tin. Use
the Dualit Hand Mixer for an
easy way to make the biscuit dough.
- 166g salted butter
- 166g caster sugar
- 170g golden syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 675g gluten free flour (we recommend Doves Farm gluten free
- 8g gluten free baking powder
- 8g Xanthum gum
- Preheat your oven to 130 °C/ 266 °F
- Using the hand mixer, cream
the butter & sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the golden syrup & combine until evenly mixed.
- Pour in the egg and mix on a low speed.
- Turn the mixer up to a high speed to ensure everything is
beaten evenly for around 30 seconds.
- Add all the dry ingredients & mix on a low speed
- Beat all ingredients on a high speed until the dough comes away
from the sides of the mixing bowl (no more than 1 min)
- Flatten the dough out & rest in the fridge until firm.
- On a floured surface knead the dough until it is very
- Roll out to 5mm thin. Chill on baking sheets until firm.
- Cut (this can be done using cutters or by cutting around the
dough using a shape you've made yourself) and bake at 130 °C for
around 26-28 min (until golden around the edges).
- Cool the biscuits on wire racks until completely dry.
Want to ice your biscuits? Watch the Biscuiteers "How to ice the
perfect Easter egg biscuit" video!
This is an excerpt from the Biscuiteers's book, and is an
exclusive feature for Dualit. Each biscuit from Biscuiteers is
unique and iced by hand. To explore more exquisitely made sweet
treats from Biscuiteers, visit www.biscuiteers.com.