A punchy soup which makes a lovely, elegant starter in summer or
a refreshing, light lunch. Use the Dualit Blender to mix the ingredients to a
silky smooth consistency.
- 400g (14 oz) ripe, red plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) vegetable stock, fresh or made with a cube,
at room temperature
- 200g (7 oz) cucumber, deseeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 60g (2 oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) whipping cream
- A dozen basil or oregano leaves
- Salt and freshly milled white pepper
- 4 heaped tbsp neatly diced ripe red pepper and tomatoes to
- Mix together the tomatoes, red pepper and stock, then transfer
to the blender and liquidise until smooth.
- Add the cucumber, onion, garlic, crumbs, vinegar, oil, cream
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to stand in a cool place for about 30 minutes to allow
the flavours to infuse.
- Chill before serving and serve straight from the fridge,
topping each bowl with a little garnish just before serving.