This is the authentic version: crisp, dry, refreshing and icy.
It is more sophisticated than the sickly-sweet familiar version.
But if you would prefer it sweeter, taste first in the blender jar,
then add more sugar and whizz again, until the flavour is right for
- 3 tbsp canned coconut milk
- 3 tbsp pineapple pieces, fresh or canned
- 3 tbsp light white rum
- 1-2 tsp icing sugar
- 250ml (9 fl oz) cracked ice
- 1 lime, juiced - approximately
- Measure all the ingredients except the lime juice into the
blender jar and whizz until smooth
- Stir in lime juice to taste.
- Pour into highball glasses.
- Serve with
a chunk of pineapple and decorate with a parasol or cherry
on a cocktail stick!