1. Mix all the dry ingredients (the oats, desiccated coconut,
sugar, flour and cranberries) in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate heat proof bowl, melt the butter in the
microwave. Once melted, stir in the 2 tbsp of golden syrup until it
3. Pour the butter and golden syrup mixture into the dry
ingredients. Using the Dualit Hand Mixer and Flat Beater
attachments, combine all the ingredients. Your mixture should reach
a crumble/breadcrumb consistency.
4. Using your now empty butter bowl, mix the bicarbonate of soda
with 2 tbsps of boiling water and add to your main mix.
5. Continue to mix using the Hand Mixer until well combined.
6. Using an ice cream scoop or dessert spoon, place small balls
of the cookie mix onto a lined or greased baking tray
(approximately 3cm apart).
7. Flatten the balls slightly and add any additional toppings
8. Bake in a preheated oven on 180ºC, 160º Fan or Gas Mark 4 for
8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
9. Once your cookies are fully baked, place them on a wire rack
10. Whilst your cookies cool, place the white chocolate in a
heat proof bowl and melt over a pan of boiling water.
11. Use the melted chocolate to drizzle across the cooled
cookies. Allow the chocolate to set and then store in an airtight
container (or serve immediately if you're like us and just can't