Whiz up this healthy batter and cook in spoonfuls as blini-size
They are delicious served with maple syrup or runny honey. For
special breakfasts add fresh soft fruits and dollops of yogurt or
lightly whipped cream.
- 75g (3oz) porridge oats
- 2 x 287ml cartons buttermilk
- 100g (3½ oz) plain flour
- 60g (2½ oz) wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for cooking
- Soak the oats in the buttermilk in a medium sized bowl for 15
- Then add the remaining ingredients and whiz with the Dualit hand blender until
just mixed. Do not overbeat.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot, swirl in a little oil
and drop in small ladles of batter, about 2 tablespoonfuls
- Three or four pancakes may be cooked together, depending on the
size of the pan. Add extra oil as needed.
- Cook on a medium heat until bubbles appear on top (about 2-3
minutes), then flip over and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Stack under a tea towel to keep warm until all the batter is