- Preheat the oven to 180/160 fan
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder sugar and oats and
blend to combine and break down the oats.
- Melt the butter in a small dish and allow to cool a
- Mix together the eggs and yoghurt, then add th melted butter,
- Slowly pour in the wet mix into the dry continuing to mix until
a thick batter has formed.
- Use a spoon to gently fold in the blueberries/raspberries.
- Place 6 muffin cases into a muffin tin, and spoon the batter in
each level to the top, sprinkle a teaspoon of the rolled oates over
the top of each one.
- Place in the oven for 20-25minutes until the top is golden
brown and/or a skewer comes out clean.
For a lemon curd filling, fill half the muffin case with the
batter, add the lemon curd into the middle and fill to the top with
Add chopped nuts into the batter or on top of the muffins before
Add sliced banana in place of blueberry or raspberries.
Jumbo oats, especially on top in place of fine or medium
If using jumbo oats, place in to a processor or chopper first to
break them down a little.