1. You will need an oven-to-table dish, approximately 16cm x
22cm, x 6cm deep (6 x 9 inches, x 2½ inches deep). Preheat Dualit Mini Oven to
200ºC and set to Convection.
2. Lightly toast the brioche slices and cut each slice
diagonally. Layer the brioche around the bottom of the dish.
3. Drain the sultanas and scatter over the brioche.
4. Whisk the milk and cream together, then add the eggs, sugar
and vanilla and continue whisking until all the ingredients are
combined and the mixture is thick and creamy.
5. Pour over the brioche, place in the oven and cook for 15
minutes, reset the temperature at 170°C and cook for a further 15
6. When the pudding is ready it should wobble slightly in the
middle, and feel spongy on the sides. If using a china or thick
glass dish (as opposed to metal) you may have to cook for a little
7. Rinse the vanilla pod (if used), dry, and store for
8. Serve hot or warm, but not chilled.
TIP: Soak the sultanas in brandy or rum instead of water!