A true aioli is a combination of a rich mayonnaise with a
powerful garlic flavour, which tingles in your throat. The strength
of the olive oil and raw garlic is a matter of taste. It is
important that it does not overpower the rest of the meal. Aioli is
fabulous with raw vegetables and hard-boiled eggs.
For best results, read the Mayonnaise instructions
- 4 fat cloves garlic, stewed in milk, rinsed, patted dry
- 560ml olive oil and sunflower oil, mixed
- 2 yolks - eggs should be the best quality and freshest you can
- 1 egg
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly milled white pepper
- Put the garlic and the oil in the Dualit food processor large bowl
fitted with its chopping blade and whiz until the garlic is finely
- Pour into a jug.
- Without rinsing the bowl, fit the E-disc.
- Put in the yolks, whole egg and half the lemon juice, and
process until pale and creamy.
- Add the oil, as described in the Mayonnaise recipe.