1. Heat the oven to 190ºC/Gas Mark 5.
2. Chop the shallots using the Dualit 700W
Hand Blender and Chopping Bowl Attachment.
3. Heat the oil in a small pan and soften the shallots, keeping
them pale and translucent. Drain off the oil and cool a little.
4. Mix with the fromage blanc, and season well with nutmeg and
salt and pepper.
5. Put the spinach in a clean linen tea-towel and squeeze out
all the liquid. Using the Dualit Hand
Mixer, blend the spinach with the egg yolks and cheese. Season
well with salt and pepper.
6. In a separate bowl, use the Dualit Hand Mixer
with Flat Beater Attachments, whip the egg whites until smooth and
satiny, and fold them into the spinach mix gently using a wooden
spoon or spatula. Stir in a little more nutmeg.
7. Pour the mix into the tin and smooth to the depth of 1.5 cm
with a palette knife. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes,
until set and springy.
8. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
9. Spread the roulade with the filling. Take the long side of
the roulade, lift the film and roll it up. Cool and chill. To
achieve an even, elegant shape, roll in a damp teatowel and twist
the ends like a bon-bon and leave until ready to serve.
10. To serve, line a plate with Tomato Sauce. Pipe parallel
lines across the sauce with some fromage blanc, and drag them
downwards, with a cocktail stick. Slice the roulade diagonally and
place down the side.