These open-faced salmon burgers combine Maille® Dijon Originale mustard with fresh dill, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Mayonnaise and mustard replace breadcrumbs as a gluten-free binder for an incredibly moist and flavourful burger. They can be pan fried or cooked on a barbecue.
Note: You can skip the chilling, but be careful when flipping the burgers as they will fall apart more easily
1. Finely mince the salmon in your food processor until
coarsely ground. Ideally, pulverise half and chop half by hand so
that there are still some chunks of fish.
2. Combine salmon with dill, lemon juice, grated lemon peel, mayonnaise, Maille Dijon Originale mustard, capers, garlic, and salt in medium bowl; shape into 4 patties.
3. Arrange the patties on a plate and chill 15 minutes to 2 hours. This will help the patties stay together without the help of bread crumbs.
4. Heat large cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat skillet with thin layer of oil. Alternatively, the burgers could be cooked on a barbeque.
5. Cook burgers, carefully turning once, until nicely browned and firm, about 6 minutes.
Serve the burgers immediately on toasted gluten-free buns or on a bed of rocket, garnished with lemon wedges and more Maille Dijon Originale mustard on the side.
With over 267 years of French culinary expertise, La Maison Maille inspires every discerning food lover with daring and delicious flavours, unique gifts and gourmet recipes. For more recipes from Maille, please visit the online boutique www.maille.com
From time to time we would like to contact you with an email including exciting new product updates, competitions, offers and articles. Your information will be stored securely and will never be passed on to third parties.