1. Peel and chop the onion and garlic and add to a frying pan.
Fry in olive oil until soft and golden brown.
2. Drain and add the drained tin of kidney beans, the smoked
paprika, chopped chilli and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Continue to fry all of the ingredients on a low heat,
stirring continuously to combine all the ingredients and prevent
the mix from sticking.
4. Using a potato masher or wooden spoon, gently crush some of
the kidney beans. Be sure to leave some of the beans intact for a
thick, chunky texture.
5. Serve immediately!
- These refried beans are great for so many dishes. Serve hot on
top of a jacket potato, serve cool with fresh salad leaves and baby
plum tomatoes, or in a wrap with rice and guacamole.
- To make the mix a little wetter and more like a sauce, add a
small tin of chopped tomatoes whilst the beans are frying.
Allspice is another great flavour to add instead of the Smoked