Small but perfectly formed
Subscribe & Save
Save 10% when you subscribe to coffee!
Find out more
Explore our offers
Checkout the latest Dualit offers
View all offers
Discover our range of baby products! Single & Double Bottle Warmers, Steam and UV Sterilisers that kill 99.9% of bacteria and a Baby Food Maker
View our Baby range
Providing professional chefs with reliable, heavy-duty products that are built to last.
View our Catering range
The Dualit Guarantee
Want to know more about product troubleshooting or guarantees? Read our handy guide that covers everything you’ll need to know.
Named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova, this meringue-based dessert has a crisp crust and soft inside, topped with whatever you (or your friends and family) enjoy. We've used the Dualit Hand Mixer to whip up this light treat!
1. Preheat your oven to 200º or 180º fan.
2. Separate your eggs and place the egg whites into a clean, grease free mixing bowl - preferably stainless steel or glass. Store your egg yolks in an airtight container as these can be used in other recipes!
3. Using the Dualit Hand Mixer with either the flat beaters or balloon whisk, slowly start to whisk the egg whites. Once soft peaks have started to form, add the cream cornflour and white wine vinegar.
4. Add the castor sugar to your egg white mixture one tablespoon at a time, continuing to whisk.
5. Check to ensure that all the sugar has dissolved by dipping your finger into the mix. If it feels gritty, the sugar has not fully dissolved and it will require more whisking until the mixture has a stiff, smooth texture.
6. Turn the mixture out onto a large baking tray, lined with parchment paper, and create a filled circle with slightly raised sides. You can use a piping bag and nozzle for this (if you prefer) for a smoother shape.
7. Bake your meringue - your oven should be preheated to a high temperature, but once you put the pavlova into the oven, immediately reduce the temperature to 120º/100º fan.
8. Bake for one and a half hours.
9. Allow your pavlova base to cool before adding your preferred toppings - we love fresh fruit and whipped cream, but feel free to go wild and add whatever your favourite flavours are... the possibilities are endless!
We've used the Dualit Hand Mixer with either the flat beaters attachment or balloon whisk to whisk up the eggs whites in this pavlova recipe!