1. Using the Dualit Hand
Mixer, whisk the separated egg yolks and sugar until pale and
2. Heat the milk and vanilla pod in a shallow saucepan. When the
mixture first starts to bubble around the sides, remove the pan
from the heat.
3. Using the Dualit Hand
Mixer, slowly pour the hot vanilla milk into the egg and sugar
4. Continue to whisk until the yolk, egg and milk mixture is
smooth. Once well combined, pour the custard back into the saucepan
used to heat the milk and, stirring well with a wooden spoon, heat
it is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
5. Once thickened, add the extract of vanilla.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- For those that are dairy free, choose a plant based alternative
such as soya milk to make this creamy custard.