We created this receipe using the Dualit Hand Mixer. The beaters and whisk
attachments make easy work of mixing the ingredients and whipping
up a mousse with a light, fluffy texture.
- 200 g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa content)
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 125 g of whipping cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Roughly chop 200g chocolate and melt in a bowl over a hot but
not boiling pan of water (60-80°C). Remove from heat and allow to
- Separate the eggs and place the egg whites in a bowl with the
sea salt and beat until stiff. The right consistency will be
reached when a knife cut remains visible.
- Spoon the cream into a seperate bowl and beat until soft peaks
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar in a metal bowl - preferably
with a round bottom - over a bowl of hot water (60-70°C) for at
least 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and creamy. The water
must not be too hot, otherwise the yolk will curdle.
- Remove the egg yolk mixture from the pan of water. Add
the melted chocolate and whisk quickly until
smooth . If the mixture becomes too hard or lumpy, add some cream
- Add half the whipped cream and whisk vigorously until combined,
then carefully fold in the remaining cream.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites in 2-3 portions until mixed
- Pour the mousse into a large bowl or individual glasses and
refrigerate for 2 -3 hours before serving. The mousse can be stored
in the fridge for up to two days.