Dualit Product Recipe:
Pesto, Tapenade & Tomato Bread Rolls
Serves: 30 rolls
Prep time: 20 minutes
Rest time: 80-150 minutes, Cook time: 8-10 minutes
Brittany-born baker Richard Bertinet came up with this
imaginative idea of topping bite-sized balls of dough with
delicious Mediterranean fillings.
- Using the Home-baked bread
recipe, prepare, proof and knead the dough as instructed.
- Once risen, pulse 3-4 times to knock the air out of the dough,
then remove and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Divide into
3, roll each into a log and cut each log into even portion sizes.
Roll each piece into a small tight ball, place on the baking
sheets, set well apart.
- Dip the handle of a wooden spoon in flour and make a deep
indentation in the top of each. Divide the toppings between rolls,
spooning them into the wells you have made. Make sure the filling
is pushed well down into the rolls, leaving a gap at the top,
otherwise it will pop out when baked. Cover with a clean cloth and
leave to rise for 45-60 minutes until doubled in size.
- Pre-heat your oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown, swapping the trays
over halfway through. Remove, brush with olive oil and leave to
cool on a wire rack.