Louisa Blackmore of West Egg Interiors created this recipe using
the Long Slot Lite
Toaster, which is great for artisan loaves such as sourdough,
as the extra-long slots allow for irregular slices. We also used
the Hand Blender chopping
bowl to make the beetroot paste.
- 5 slices of wheat 'n' rye sourdough
- 200g cooked beets
- 1 small tub of spreadable goat's cheese
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- Maldon seat salt and fresh black pepper
- Micro basil to garnish (or use pea shoots as an
- Toast the cumin seeds in a small pan over a moderate heat until
brown and fragrant. Then crush them in a pestle and mortar along
with the garlic clove.
- In a small food mixer, add the beets and cumin and garlic and
blend quickly - you want to keep a rough-ish texture so one blitz
should do it.
- Season the beet mixture with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread slices and then spread with goat's cheese, top
with a little of the beet mix and garnish with micro basil or fresh
Recipe and image by Louisa Blackmore - West Egg Blog -http://westegg-interiors.blogspot.co.uk