Frequently Asked Questions
PRODUCT FAILURE DUE TO THE BUILD UP OF LIMESCALE IS NOT COVERED BY GUARANTEE - DESCALE REGULARLY: DUALIT RECOMMENDS KILROCK ESPRESSO & COFFEE MACHINE DESCALER. (See the leaflet)
Ensure your descaling product is suitable for coffee machines; follow descaling product instructions carefully. Fill Water Tank with the descaling solution. Descale once a month in hard water areas.
Place the Holder most frequently used into the machine, ensuring it is empty. If both Holders and Filters are used frequently, cycle between them. Do not soak the holders in descale solution. Ensure they are rinsed thoroughly after descaling.
Place a container with a capacity of more than 1 litre on the Drip Tray underneath the Holder. Caution: Do not remove the Drip Tray. Remove Froth Nozzle from the Steam Wand. Direct Steam Wand into container.
Insert Water Tank. Plug machine in and turn on; wait until machine has reached operating temperature.Caution: Keep hands away from Steam Wand at all times.
Turn dial fully to the left and empty half of the tank. Then turn dial completely to the right to dispense the remaining water through the steam wand. WARNING: ensure that the switch is set to water, not steam. Wait 10 minutes for descaling to take effect, prior to stage 6.
Once machine is descaled, discard descaling solution. Thoroughly rinse Water Tank and repeat steps 2-5. Flush at least two full tanks of fresh water through the machine, Filters and Steam Wand to remove any traces of descaling solution.
Dispense water through the brewhead with the cup filter in place. Ensure NO coffee is in the filter. If you see no water after 7 seconds STOP the test.
1. Locate water tank (see page 8, fig 1).
2. Check the capsule is in place. If using ESE pod, tuck the tab under (see page 12, fig 4-5).
3. Clean showerhead (see page 17, fig 3).
4. To obtain a new gasket contact the Dualit customer helpline on +44 (0)1293 652 500 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday).
1. This is not cause for concern. This will automatically stop when the machine has finished steaming.
1. For your desired amount of coffee, let the machine run for longer if flow is too short/stop machine earlier if flow is too long.
1. This is not cause for concern it is part of the operation of the machine.
2. Ground coffee only has a three-day shelf-life, so grind only what you need.
3. Flush out excess heat by dispensing water.
2. Ensure you are using setting 3-5 on the Dualit Coffee Grinder or use pre-ground coffee suitable for espresso machines.
3. If you are struggling to control your coffee flow rate, try tamping a little harder. The harder you tamp the longer the coffee will take to extract, thus increasing the strength and improving the flavour of the coffee.
4. Avoid pre-ground coffee that states that it is suitable for cafetieres.
5. Add more coffee to the portafilter. (see page 9)
6. Use the double espresso dose to make a single coffee.
7. Use the filter pin to remove the dried coffee.
8. Locate and fully lock the holder. (see page 13, fig 1).
9. For spare parts contact the Dualit customer helpline on +44 (0)1293 652 500 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday).
Dispense water through the NX® adaptor. Ensure NO capsule is inside.
1. Water tank is not correctly seated in position. Locate water tank (see page 8, fig 1).
1. Check the Ω NX® Adaptor Seal is there and has not split.