Frequently Asked Questions
Dispense water through the brewhead with the cup filter in place. Ensure NO coffee is in the filter. If you see no water after 7 seconds STOP the test.
1. Locate water tank (see page 10, fig 2).
1. Clean gasket (see page 21, fig 3).
2. Check the capsule is in place. If using ESE pod, tuck the tab under (see page 14, fig 4-5).
3. Clean showerhead (see page 21, fig 3).
4. To obtain a new gasket contact the Dualit customer helpline on +44 (0)1293 652 500 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday).
1. This is not cause for concern. This will automatically stop when the machine has finished steaming.
1. For your desired amount of coffee, let the machine run for longer if flow is too short/stop machine earlier if flow is too long.
2. Ground coffee only has a three-day shelf-life, so grind only what you need.
3. Flush out excess heat by dispensing water.
1. Ensure you are using the correct type and strength of coffee for the type of drink you are making. See page 26 for recipes.
2. Ensure you are using setting 3-5 on the Dualit Burr Coffee Grinder, 4-6 on the Dualit Handheld Grinder or use a pre-ground coffee suitable for espresso machines.
3. If you are struggling to control your coffee flow rate, try tamping a little harder. The harder you tamp the longer the coffee will take to extract, thus increasing the strength and improving the flavour of the coffee.
4. Avoid pre-ground coffee that states that it is suitable for cafetieres.
5. Add more coffee to the portafilter. (see page 15)
6. Use the double espresso dose to make a single coffee.
7. Use the filter pin to remove the dried coffee.
8. Locate and fully lock the holder. (see page 16, fig 1).
9. For spare parts contact the Dualit customer helpline on +44 (0)1293 652 500 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday).
Dispense water through the NX® adaptor. Ensure NO capsule is inside.
1. Water tank is not correctly seated in position. Locate water tank (see page 10, fig 2).
PRODUCT FAILURE DUE TO THE BUILD UP OF LIMESCALE IS NOT COVERED BY GUARANTEE - DESCALE REGULARLY: DUALIT RECOMMENDS KILROCK ESPRESSO & COFFEE MACHINE DESCALER. (See the leaflet)
Ensure your descaling product is suitable for coffee machines; follow descaling product instructions carefully. If you are using a water softener, ensure water softener is removed before adding descaler. Fill Water Tank with the descaling solution. Descale once a month in hard water areas.
Place the Holder most frequently used into the machine, ensuring it is empty. If both Holders and Filters are used frequently, cycle between them. Do not soak the holders in descale solution. Ensure they are rinsed thoroughly after descaling
Place a container with a capacity of more than 1 litre on the Drip Tray underneath the Holder. Caution: Do not remove the Drip Tray. Remove Froth Nozzle from the Steam Wand. Direct Steam Wand into container.
Insert Water Tank. Plug machine in and turn on. Wait until machine has reached operating temperature. Caution: Keep hands away from Steam Wand at all times. Risk of scalding.
Ensure Steam/Water Selector is set to water. Turn dial completely to the right to dispense half a tank of water through the Steam Wand. Risk of chemical inhalation. If no water comes out, allow to stand for 5 minutes and repeat above, allowing the pump to run for up to 1 minute even if no water dispenses. Turn dial fully to the left and allow the remaining descale solution to dispense from the Showerhead, not allowing the tank to run dry. Risk of chemical inhalation. Turn dial to 'Off'.
Thoroughly rinse Water Tank and fill with fresh water. Repeat steps 2-5 twice with water only to remove any traces of descaling solution. If you are using a water softener, ensure that it is replaced into the Water Tank once the Water Tank is clean. Risk of chemical ingestion.