Frequently Asked Questions
Dispense water through the brewhead with the cup filter in place. Ensure NO coffee is in the filter. If you see no water after 7 seconds STOP the test.
1. Locate water tank (see page 8, fig 1).
2. Check the capsule is in place. If using ESE pod, tuck the tab under (see page 12, fig 4-5).
3. Clean showerhead (see page 17, fig 3).
4. To obtain a new gasket contact the Dualit customer helpline on +44 (0)1293 652 500 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday).
1. This is not cause for concern. This will automatically stop when the machine has finished steaming.
1. For your desired amount of coffee, let the machine run for longer if flow is too short/stop machine earlier if flow is too long.
2. Ground coffee only has a three-day shelf-life, so grind only what you need.
3. Flush out excess heat by dispensing water.
2. Ensure you are using setting 3-5 on the Dualit Coffee Grinder or use pre-ground coffee suitable for espresso machines.
3. If you are struggling to control your coffee flow rate, try tamping a little harder. The harder you tamp the longer the coffee will take to extract, thus increasing the strength and improving the flavour of the coffee.
4. Avoid pre-ground coffee that states that it is suitable for cafetieres.
5. Add more coffee to the portafilter. (see page 9)
6. Use the double espresso dose to make a single coffee.
7. Use the filter pin to remove the dried coffee.
8. Locate and fully lock the holder. (see page 13, fig 1).
9. For spare parts contact the Dualit customer helpline on +44 (0)1293 652 500 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday).
Dispense water through the NX® adaptor. Ensure NO capsule is inside.
1. Water tank is not correctly seated in position. Locate water tank (see page 8, fig 1).
1. Check the Ω NX® Adaptor Seal is there and has not split.